Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Best coffee this side of Sydney


That was the description given to me for this quaint coffee shop in London: 




Notes Coffee & Music
31 St Martins Ln.


King William IV St.
Charing CrossGreater London
WC2N 4AA


020 7240 0424

















It was just adorable. Beautiful refined & rustic setting, great coffee and great jazz music playing at a really good sound level that didn't disturb our conversation. Coffee was so smooth and just the right drinking temperature. The food  and cakes looked really tempting too but alas I'd just eaten so did not try the fare here. Would definitely go back and make it a regular coffee place if I lived in London! Not too pricey, about £2.60 for a flat white, I think?


The 2 scores on the table were of the 2 operas currently at the Royal Opera House (ROH) and English National Opera (ENO). Tosca and A Midsummer Night's Dream. I love that attention to detail! 


No comments:

Post a Comment