Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Disneyland, Anaheim, California

By accident (there are no accidents! - Kung Fu Panda quote) I ended up at Disneyland a few days ago (due to missing my onward flight to Australia, with 2 days up my sleeve I thought I might as well).

Without having time to research the park properly, I took my free shuttle to Los Angeles Airport (LAX), then picked up a Disneyland shuttle (shared van) for a 45 minute ride out to Disneyland, Anaheim in Orange County.  

There are actually 2 parks at Disneyland now, one is the original Disneyland and the second is California Adventure (more rides). Entry to the 2 parks is an additional $25 to single entry (a steep $80 for adults). The good thing is that you don't need to decide straight away, you can upgrade your ticket later in the day if you want to visit the second park.

Disneyland is open from 8am to midnight (Summertime)!! California Adventure is from 10am-10pm.

I spent 8 hours in Disneyland very easily. I was really very pleasantly surprised. It was truly an amazing experience. The attention to detail in everything that was there was incredible. Each area or land was like stepping into another world. Or like stepping into a movie set of that theme. 

Everything I grew up watching on TV or in movies was there in real life form and human sized. It was wondrous. The themed music everywhere was so familiar to me, that coupled with the visual feast, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. 

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

The rides themselves are not totally adrenalin rushing. The best are:
  • Indiana Jones adventure
  • Splash Mountain (Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah!)
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 
  • Space Mountain

Space Mountain


The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's 
Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom
The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland 2011 (Unofficial Guides)
I recommend saving Space Mountain for last. It was definitely the best by far - if you like roller-coaster rides and feeling like your travelling through the galaxy! But Indiana Jones also had it's very cool moments - I won't spoil the surprise! :-)

Enjoy your trip to Disneyland - it's a small world after all! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment